Laer Digital Works was founded by digital artist, Larry 'Laer' Adlon, as an alternative to those who can't affort the time or costs required of overly-elaborate production houses... or for those who are frustrated with the lazy, lack-luster work of cheaper artists.
Larry is creative, can work to tight deadlines and is dependable. His work is always on target and of high quality. He is personable and easy to work with, fun and has a sense of humour which he brings to his style. We have never been disappointed and look forward to working with him again in the future.
- Direct, One-to-One Contact And Interaction With The Artist -
-Anne Pick, Owner: Real To Reel Productions Inc.
- Cost-Effective And Creative Solutions -
- Progress Reports And Samples To Keep You Up To Date -
- A Sincere Desire To Make Your Project Shine -
- Over 2 Decades Of Broadcast Work Experience -
Laer Digital Works
53 McCaul Street Suite 647 Toronto Ontario Canada M5T 2W9
CONTACT LAER AND LET'S TALK!
Profile of Larry Adlon: Digital Artist
Larry describes himself as a "jack of all digital trades" and I can't think of a more apt description then that. I have known him for a LONG time and I have always been jealous of his ability to get complex, meticulous looking results through clever and sometimes simple techniques. He truly finds creative solutions based on budget and the clients always get a final product that looks way more expensive then it was. What more can you ask from a VFX person then that !? He can even do the sound fx and music if ya want! On top of all that he is a good and funny guy.
-Andrew 'Spanky' Grant, 3D Animator (ILM, CORE, Mainframe)
Self-taught in virtually all of his talents, Larry began his career in the early '90s with no previous experience or training, creating the wacky computer generated segments for the Beetlejuice catoon series, along with animated effects for a variety of commercials and shows. He later moved on to create visual effects and monitor display animations as part of the in-house effects crew for a variety of television series, teaching himself as he went along.
Photo by Derek Lang
During this time, he dabbled in other artistic skills, including website creation, prosthetic makeup, and sculpting, as well as continuing to develop his musical and filmmaking skills.
With the experience gained from his earlier years, he formed his own company, Laer Digital Works, with the intention of providing high-quality work to smaller productions and independant artists, as well as the mainstream film/television industry wanting to find alternatives to their usual providers.
Larry's Awards and Credentials
- 1998 Gemini Nomination (Best Visual Effect: F/X:The Series)
- 2nd Place: CBC Telefest (Short film: The Virus)
- 3rd Place: CBC Telefest (Film: Missing Lady)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree (Film/Video Production)
If you want to see more of Larry's works, or know more about him, then visit Larry's personal site, Laer's Room.
Here, you will find his online photo gallery, images of his many other projects and traditional artwork, his blog, info about his films, and the infamous LaerCam!
Laer Digital Works Services
Digital Visual Effects
- Optical/particle effects, digital destruction, gun flares, bullet hits, cartoon-style violence, and much more.
- Specializing in effective 2D solutions that won't destroy your budget or keep you waiting for months.
- XSI and Cinema4D available for 3D work.
- A variety of 2D styles, from loose and rough, to detailed and refined.
- For comical sequences and industrial/medical videos.
- Flash animation.
- On-Set monitor display animations.
- 3D Animation starting up now, too!
- Custom portraits and fantasy images.
- Photo manipulation and repair.
- Graphics and cartoon work.
- Original music of many genres, composed specifically for your project.
- No pre-made loops or music generators. Everything is composed note by note.
- Hand-coded HTML or Flash.
- Prompt 'after launch' service and updates.
- And a web guy who WON'T disappear on you!
Merchandise! Mugs, T-Shirts and more!
Laer Digital Works Merchandise: Visit Showroom
Night Of The Living Dead:Reanimated Merchandise: Visit Showroom
Laer's Room : www.laerworks.com ( Personal website of Larry Adlon )
Scaremation : www.scaremation.com ( Halloween haunt animations for purchase )
IMDB page : www.imdb.com/name/nm0004420/ ( List of film and television credits of Larry Adlon )
LinkedIn page : ca.linkedin.com/pub/larry-adlon/1/459/33b ( Job history and references for Larry Adlon )
YouTube page : www.youtube.com/user/ladlon ( Videos of some works by Larry Adlon )
Digimata : www.digimata.com ( Medical and industrial 3D computer animation )
MatteFX : www.mattefx.ca ( Digital matte paintings by artist Mark Fordham )
Elaine Murphy : www.busypencil.com ( Graphic artist )
James Tamblyn Productions : www.tamblynproductions.com ( On-Set 24 frame playback specialist )